Power board office gutted in Shimla

Shimla, June 20

The office of the Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board located in the US Club area of the city was destroyed in a fierce fire that broke out in a transformer around 11.30 am today. However, there was no loss of human life.

Eight fire engines were requisitioned but only two motorcycles and three small vehicles carrying firefighting equipment could reach the spot due to a congested road.

Meanwhile, the fire spread to the adjoining building and the roof of the PWD rest house was also burnt. It took firefighters four-and-a-half hours to douse the flames. Tej Prakash, a PWD worker allotted a room near the building, said that all his belongings were damaged by water used for controlling the fire.

Preliminary reports state that the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the transformer. Property worth Rs 30 lakh was damaged in the incident. Urban Development Minister and Shimla (Urban) MLA Suresh Bhardwaj said that the exact cause of fire was yet to be ascertained.

Courtesy: Tribune News Service
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad